- The purpose of the role is to head QA function of India office & provide necessary technical & managerial guidance to immediate team members & other cross functional teams/members.
- Innovate, design, and develop test automation frameworks, tools and automated test suites in Java
- Work with the other engineers to scale up test automation and practices and provide robust releases.
- Create and maintain libraries and object repositories for the Automation Framework
- Performing regression testing; stress testing, and advanced aspects of system testing automation.
- Report issues through a bug tracking system and work with the development/design teams to help isolate, debug and resolve bugs.
- Develop and run manual tests for areas where automated tests are not practical in terms investment vs return.
- Able to see logs & give insight about bug.
- 10-16 years’ experience of hands on experience in Quality Engineering.
- Major Areas – Java, API Automation, Load/Performance testing, Database testing, Debugging Skills, Root Cause analysis, End to end testing & application testing.
- Hands on experience with automation framework writing from scratch in Java
- Minimum 4 years of experience in working with Rest API automation test.
- Minimum two years of experience in mobile automation testing/mobile application testing, usage of tools like Appium, both for Android & IOS apps.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in web app automation using selenium with hybrid/cucumber/data driven framework.
- Minimum 2+ years of hands on exposure on performance testing, usage of tools like jmeter or any equivalent tool.
- Hands on expose to database testing (Mysql, Ms-sql preferred)
- Knowledge on git, setting up regression suites and CI build systems.
- Hands on exposure in working with TestNG with Rest Assured, Junit framework.
- Exposure to functional testing, regression testing
- Hands on exposure to CI/CD – Jenkins configuration and job setup, automated deployments, performance test run, regression test run, automated reports
- Working experience on Agile/Scrum framework
- Strong commitment to best practices in QE and software development, including modern CI using Jenkins processes and automating EVERYTHING. Comfortable with Agile/Scrum processes and code review.
- Experience in mobile Performance testing or mobile Security testing will be a plus.
- Experience configuring and utilizing Sauce Labs or similar cloud services.
- Parallel Execution, cross-platform Testing
- Hands on exposure to containerized environment – Docker, Kubernetes
Managerial Skills :
- Proven record of managing & leading a team of atleast 5 QA members for not less than 4 years period.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, articulates thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively
- A self-starter with the demonstrated ability to take initiative and can proactively identify issues/ opportunities & provide recommend actions