Position: Java Developer – L2
Experience: 2 to 2.5 Years
Reporting to: Team Lead – Backend Team
- Full lifecycle application development
- Designing, creating, and implementing Java-based applications.
- Interpreting briefs to create high-quality coding that functions according to specifications.
- Drive a culture of quality, technical curiosity, continuous improvement, and evidence-based data-driven decision-making in the organization.
- Participate in software development best practices including Peer Code Review, Unit testing, Automated Deployments, and Automated Testing.
- Design and develop supporting components and microservices for the backend tiers focusing on fault-tolerance and scalability in a multi-tenant enterprise environment
- Maintain and improve the functionality and performance of the existing web applications
- Participate & team with top-notch engineers, product managers, program managers, DevOps, and QA following agile development methodologies & discussing projects & objectives
- Assisting other developers with troubleshooting, debugging, and coding.
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentor junior engineers and new team members, perform code reviews, and apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Contribute to test plan development.
- Integrate new software solutions with existing systems
- Extract and reverse engineer existing code
- Document Development phases
- Execute other duties as assigned
Mandatory Tech Skills
- 3 years of experience working on Core Java/JEE
- 3 years of experience using Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Hands-on with experience in Web Services using REST, JSON
- Experience developing web applications (Spring MVC, RESTful, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, Web Services)
- Familiarity with Micro-services Architecture
- Experience working with Ant/Maven/Gradle, GitHub/Bitbucket, Junit, or Other Unit Test frameworks
- Experience working on Apache HTTP, Tomcat Servers
- Experience working on enterprise-ready container platforms like Docker
- Advanced understanding of Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, and UML
- Experience using MySQL databases
- Solid experience in design, coding, unit testing, and debugging
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Pipeline, Junit, Sonar Cloud, etc)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Preferred Tech Skills:
- AWS cloud development experience is a plus. Experience in building components and using various AWS services.
- Experience using NoSQL databases