Position: Java Developer – L2
Experience: 3 to 5 Years
Reporting to: Team Lead – Backend Team
- Full lifecycle application development
- Designing, creating and implementing Java-based applications.
- Interpreting briefs to create high-quality coding that functions according to specifications.
- Drive a culture of quality, technical curiosity, continuous improvement and evidence-based data driven decision making in the organization.
- Participate in software development best practices including Peer Code Review, Unit testing, Automated Deployments, and Automated Testing.
- Design and develop supporting components and microservices for the backend tiers focusing on fault-tolerance and scalability in a multi-tenant enterprise environment.
- Maintain and improve the functionality and performance of the existing web applications.
- Participate & team with top-notch engineers, product managers, program managers, DevOps and QA following agile development methodologies & discussing projects & objectives.
- Assisting other developers with troubleshooting, debugging, and coding.
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentor junior engineers and new team members, perform code reviews and apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problem.
- Contribute to test plan development.
- Integrate new software solutions with existing systems.
- Extract and reverse engineer existing code
- Document Development phases
- Execute other Duties as assigned.
Mandatory Tech Skills
- 3+ years of experience working on Core Java/JEE
- 3+ years of experience using Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Hands on working experience on Web Services using REST, JSON
- Experience developing web applications (Spring MVC, RESTful, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, Web Services)
- Experience with Micro-services Architecture
- Experience working with Ant/Maven/Gradle build tools.
- Experience working with git tools like GitHub/Bitbucket
- Experience working with Junit/Burp or Other Test frameworks.
- Experience working on Apache HTTP/Tomcat/Jetty Servers
- Experience working on enterprise-ready container platforms like Docker.
- Advanced understanding of Object-Oriented Design, Design Patterns and UML
- Experience using Relational databases such as MySQL/PostGre/MSSQL/Oracle
- Familiarity with No-SQL database such as Mongo/Elastic/Redis/HazelCast
- Familiarity with queue-based tools such as ActiveMQ/RabbitMQ/Kafka
- Solid experience in design, coding, unit testing and debugging.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g., Jenkins, Pipeline, Junit, Sonar Cloud etc)
- Experience working in Agile development environment.
Preferred Tech Skills:
- Experience using NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Clustered or Distributed architectures.
- AWS cloud development experience is a plus. Experience in building components and using various AWS services.
Mandatory Educational Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or other comparable engineering degree.
- Candidates with degree in mechanical, electrical or equivalent need not to apply
Daytona Systems: Employee Benefits and Perks
- Paid Vacation
- Highly Flexible Work Culture
- Tuition Support
- Health And Wellness Plans